Thursday, March 20, 2008

Things They Never Taught Me In Principal School

Greetings and thanks for stopping by. Over the coming days, months, and years I hope to be able to share with you some of my experiences, victories, and frustrations as a school principal. My entries will probably range from single questions to lengthy postings. Please feel free to add your comments and questions.

...One of the questions I've always told my students to ask their teachers was "Why do I have to learn this? " I think any educator worth their salt ought to be able to answer this question without hesitation. Similarly, any school administrator should be able to explain their actions to their faculty, students and parents. Sometimes that's not so easy. Sometimes your directions were not your decision nor your idea.

No comments: