Monday, June 23, 2008

See You In September

The singer Brian Hyland popularized the song "See You In September" back in the 60's and the first 2 lines of the song summarize my sentiments exactly... "See you in September. See you, when the summer's through." I enjoyed writing this blog and look forward to continuing my posts after what I'm certain will be a very restful and rewarding vacation.

Best of luck to all my colleagues who are retiring. On behalf of children everywhere, thank you for your support throughout your career. Your contributions cannot be measured but their effects are profound and will impact our society forever. I wish you a very fulfilling retirement. For those of us who are continuing their administrative career, make sure you take a break this summer and recharge your batteries.

Lastly, best of luck to all the new graduates. May your life be full of happiness and success.

Sincerely,

The Principal-guy

1 comment:

Raymond Marcano said...

The See you in SEP was in many of our minds when as kids school was over around June and you were glad for that but sad that you would not be able to see your elementry school crush until classes started again in Sep. So that is why I think this song or any with those words was in our hearts